The FE 501 features class leading technology and premium components as standard. The chromium molybdenum frame is expertly crafted to offer the ideal flex while the powerful engine features shaft arrangements aimed at balancing mass centralisation and handling. Combined with traction control, WP suspension and progressive rear linkage, the FE 501 is the most powerful model in Husqvarna Motorcycles’ enduro range.
Weighing only 29.4 kg, the engines are not only light and compact but feature the latest technology available offering unequalled performance, ride-ability and reliability. Additionally, the engine is suited specifically for enduro type riding with a standard electric start, 6 speed wide ratio gearbox and an array of advanced electronic rider aids such as traction control and the handlebar map select switch, delivering accessibility on a variety of terrain and skill levels.
- Engine – lightweight and compact
- Class leading electronics – traction control, map select
The new SOHC cylinder head is more compact while being 15 mm lower and 500g lighter. As a result of the new compact design, the camshaft is now closer to the centre of gravity, which significantly improves handling while shorter valve timing improves bottom end performance and responsiveness. The new camshaft features an improved cam surface and with new rocker arms actuates four lightweight valves, which are shorter, fitting the new compact design. The diameter of the titanium intake valves is 40 mm, while on the steel exhaust valves 33 mm. Low-friction DLC coating on the rocker arm and shorter low-friction chain guides offer the optimum efficiency and reliability.
- New SOHC – more compact design, camshaft closer to centre of gravity, -500g
- New camshaft – improved cam surface
- DLC coating & low friction chain guides – reduced friction
Cylinder and piston
The lightweight aluminium cylinder features a 95 mm bore and a new lightweight Konig forged bridge-box-type piston perfectly matched to the high compression combustion chamber. The piston is attached to a 10% lighter piston pin. This combination produces very little oscillating mass, which significantly reduces vibration and increases rider comfort. The compression ratio has increased from 11.7:1 to 12.75:1
- Lightweight aluminium cylinder – 95 mm bore
- New lightweight forged bridged-box-type piston by Konig – high performance, reduced oscillating masses
A plain big end bearing comprising of two force-fitted bearing shells and ensure maximum reliability and durability, guaranteeing long service intervals of 135 hours.
- Plain big end bearing and force-fitted bearing shells – increased durability and service intervals
Counter balancer shaft
In order to counteract the rotational force of the crankshaft and reduce vibration, the FE 501 engine uses a multifunctional counter balancer shaft, which also drives the water pump.
- Multifunctional counter balancer shaft – reduced vibrations, compact design
The lightweight 6-speed gearbox ensures smooth and precise shifting thanks to a low friction coating on the shifting fork. The gear lever features a design that prevents dirt build-up and keeps the lever tip in its original position even in the toughest conditions while a gear sensor allows for specific engine maps in each gear.
- 6-speed gearbox – lightweight
- Fork coating – smooth and precise shifting
- Gear sensor – specific engine maps for each gear
The FE 501 features a DDS (Dampened Diaphragm Steel) clutch. The exclusive characteristics of this system include a single diaphragm steel pressure plate instead of traditional coil springs making the clutch pull very light while the integrated damping system improves traction and durability. The clutch basket is a single-piece CNC machined steel component that allows the use of thin steel liners and contributes to the compact design of the engine. The Magura hydraulic system ensures perfect action in all conditions.
- DDS clutch – compact with better action and improved durability
- Magura hydraulic system ? perfect clutch action